Priorsford is a non-denominational, semi-open plan primary school situated in the Kingsmeadows area of Peebles. The school was first opened on 22nd November 1972 and later officially opened by the Secretary of State for Scotland on 16th February 1973.
The school has a long distinguished ancestry, claiming unbroken descent from the ancient Peebles burgh School, first recorded in the Council minutes of 1454 but almost certainly in existence a century earlier.
This modern school of semi-open plan design incorporates three clusters of teaching bases, each cluster opening on to a communal activity area. The three sectors divide the school into an infant area (primary 1 and 2), middle area (primary 3, 4 & 5) and an upper area (primary 7).The Primary 6 classes are found in temporary units next to the school. We have a computer suite where classes can work together with ICT and we have a well stocked library for pupils to use for weekly book exchanges. There a large PE hall, a separate dinner hall and a music room.
Priorsford Primary School